• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 AAR Cuda T/A Challenger Air Cleaner Assemblies 340 6 Pack 340 6bbl

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling the last two, 1970 AAR Cuda, T/A Challenger, air cleaner assemblies, out of my 35 year collection of parts, that are used on the 340 6 pack, 340 6 bbl, engines.
These are factory OEM air cleaner assemblies that aren't rusted away, or cut with a band saw, for use on some other application, or body style automobile.

Let me describe the condition of these air cleaners.

Both of them have the correct "wide lip" top to them.
But one top has a "440" decal on it. Why, i don't know, that's the way that i bought it back in the day.
I suspect this lid started life on a 1969 1/2 440 6 pack, bbl, engine on a Road Runner or Super Bee.
The other lid has a decal, but it's not affixed to the lid.

One base plate has one drain tube missing from it, so that one will need to have one put in, or leave it alone, or use it as is.
Ben Snowbar, will probably have one of them as a reproduction, that can be sold to you.
The other base, has one tube that is loose, and probably will require a tack weld on it.
Also, that one had the "bridges" removed from it, for whatever reason i don't know.
These are the things that go over the carburetor studs that hold the air cleaner down onto the carburetors.
But, i have reproduction one's that are included, that you weld onto the base plate.
I don't own a welder, so you perform that labor on that part.

Both of them have reproduction "Heat block off plates" in the rear of the base plate, even though i have just one in the pictures.
Forgot to get the other one out of storage when i took all the pictures, for my ads.

In am selling each one at $1,000.00, plus the FEDEX'ing to your zip code, with insurance, signature delivery charges, included.

Payment will be by postal money orders, or a cashiers check from your bank.
Makes no difference to me, but the check will clear the banking system first, before i send the parts out to you.
I also have NOS air filter elements that i can sell at extra cost with these air cleaners.
I have a NOS Fram CA332, and a NOS Direct Connection air filter element from 1992.

I am liquidating parts out of my collection, and i don't want to trade, for anything else.

You can contact me my sending me a pm, through this forum, or my e mail address is in my profile.

Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 002 (Copy).jpg

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 001 (Copy).jpg

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 003 (Copy).jpg

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 004 (Copy).jpg

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 005 (Copy).jpg

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 006 (Copy).jpg

AAR T-A Air Cleaners 007 (Copy).jpg

Last edited:

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update. 01.24.2015

One of the air cleaner's has sold.

The one that i have left, is the one that has the missing, "drain tube" from the baseplate.

Just thought i would inform any other potential buyers, out there in the Mopar world, as to the one that i have left.

Jim V.

Hemicars

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jim. I'm interested in your remaining air cleaner assembly

I haven't figured out how to get to your profile for your email address. Can you send me either your email or a telephone number. Thanks, Ron in Idaho

Update. 01.24.2015

One of the air cleaner's has sold.

The one that i have left, is the one that has the missing, "drain tube" from the baseplate.

Just thought i would inform any other potential buyers, out there in the Mopar world, as to the one that i have left.

Jim V.

cuda man 2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
70 cuda air cleaner

I am very interested in buying your air cleaner. I had mine stolen off my cuda several years ago. I would like to talk to you if possible by phone. My name is Nathan and my number is 260-223-9245. I have looking for this for a very long time.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

All my AAR Cuda, T/A Challenger air cleaners have now sold.
Had 4 of them in my 35 year collection of parts, and they now all have found new homes to go to.

Watch this section in the future, as i now will be listing my Race Hemi Crossram, air cleaners, Max Wedge air cleaners, Long Ram, and Short Ram air cleaners, Inline Dual 4bbl air cleaners, and late 50's, early 60's 4bbl. Golden Commando air cleaners.

I will mark this post as "Sold"
Jim V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back