• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Barracuda convertible/ Cuda clone 440-6 AUTO Viper red

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUMBLON

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
BARRACUDA FOR SALE/ reduced $46,000

1970 BARRACUDA GRAND COUPE CONVERTIBLE/ now 440-6 CUDA clone.

Originally a 318 Grand coupe convertible/ in burnt orange metallic
Now 440-6/ forged crank 440
Real shaker hood with real six pack base plate and adapter ring/ repop bubble. no fresh air doors yet.

DATA PLATE NUMBERS

P37 R11 V5X YO5 EM1
V3X AO1 C55 L31 M25 M31
FK5 P6K4 000 904
E44 D31 BP27 GOB VIN

727 AUTO with 8 3/4 and 323 gears. SLAPSTICK.
Non AC car.

After market gauges. Built into a non ralley dash. And a tac built into the black slapstick console. I have a red non altered console as well.

TTI exhaust
PST poly front end rebuild kit.
disc brakes on front rear are drums
go wing with correct deck lid and cut outs.
Legendary interior in red and black/ very nice seats.
New fuel lines gas tank/ new brake lines.
Six pack and carbs/ manifold were purchased new.
New engine wiring harnesses.
Real Shaker hood/ not a reproduction/ real baseplate adapter ring.
15" date coded rally wheels.
New door panels/ carpet ect.

This car was restored over the past 15 years and is currently Viper red. It was done how I wanted it done and it has been to one local car show since its restoration. I have put 15 miles on it. Its just sitting and I will not have time to use it as I am building a ranch and have finally realized it needs a home where it can be driver/ used/ appreciated. I have not even started this car in over a year. Car is stored with stabill in the tank.

The bad:

It needs a top, top on it works up and down fine but the top its self has a small cut. The real glass is there and in good condition.

Has a crack in the windshield

Needs wiper mechanism. Have the original motor. Mechanism went missing during resto.

Needs a dash pad. has a dash cap on it.

NOTE: This car was built using a quarter panel on it from a totaled AAR Cuda back when no sheet metal was available, so the antenna hole is now out back. It actually looks great and I intentionally left it this way. The original VIN was missing off of the dash pad when I purchased it. I have owned this car for 20 plus years. I have contacted (A.G. BACKEAST) who makes new legal data tags for qualifying owners who have owned their cars for at least ten years. If I find an interested buy I will have a new VIN made. The new VIN needs to go into a new dash pad as there is no point in putting in this old one which needs to be replaced. I have no need to spend the money to buy a new VIN if I don't have a potential buyer as it has never mattered to me. If I find a potential buy I will except a token $1,000 deposit to hold the car,while I purchase the new VIN. I am informed the turn around time is a week for the new VIN. Or if a buyer wants the car immediately I can sell it to you and get the VIN and send it to you. Your choice. A new VIN includes the correct rivets. Car has a Nevada title, since that is where I moved from.

This is obviously not a correct car due to color and what I would consider upgrades or a numbers matching car, so if that what your looking for please pass on it. It is however a very solid car and with very little could be your dream car. I WILL NOT sell it to someone unless you or a representative look at it personally as I do not want any unhappy buyers, based up what I think of my car. Please come and look at it.

Car is in Idaho approx an hour or so North of Boise. If you are interested, please get a hold of me and we can arrange a meeting. Please no trades as I wont have time for them either.

I am being as honest as I can as I prefer not to sell it unless you are the right buyer. I can not make this any clearer. This is not your rotisserie built car. But if you are the type of buyer looking for a car needing very little, this may be perfect for you.

Sorry about the pics as they are all older from when I lived in Nevada. The car is currently in storage. The car currently has brand new mags and tires on it and the rears are a bit too big. I have the ralleys also.

$46,000 OBO

DSC03000.JPG

DSC03001 (2).JPG

DSCF8752 (2).JPG

DSCF2999 (2).jpg

DSCF3000.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back