• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 challenger K4 interior question

vitaminrunner

Reaction score
I came across a 70 challenger that has a black interior even though the build sheet and fender tag show H6K4 Burnt orange interior.
Is there a chance it rolled out of the factory with wrong interior?
I think it was changed sometime thru its years but thats alot of parts.... console dash pad carpet and so on
Let me know thoughts. I think it would hurt its value if it was to be sold as original.
Thank you

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No doubt Somebody changed the interior. Burnt orange is one of my favorites but it wasn’t for everyone.
What was the original paint color? Is it still that color?

Xcudame

Reaction score
Burnt orange is pretty rare. But like DetMatt1, said, it's not for everyone. I don't think it would effect the value unless it a really rare Challenger.

vitaminrunner

Reaction score
Yes and it's a t/a so I'm not sure that will change value or be an issue at a show. Everything else on the car matches and I really like it but...
I actually like burnt orange interior and consider changing it back, but alot of parts to find alot of work.
Thoughts

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I’d want to put it back to original if it were me too. In the end it probably would be worth more if it were put back to original but the expense to do so may out-way any return on the investment.

Back