• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Challenger Trunk Lid Molding part # 3419709

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
$350 plus Shipping. Purchased in 1984 for a rest that did not happen. Factory NOS Added a close up as some have asked about a ridge or smooth profile.

There's a gent in NY on Ebay with this part # asking $800. Just want to try to rep the part as clearly as I can.

Thx

Challenger Trunk Molding- close up.jpg

Challenger Trunk lid moulding.jpg

download  Challenger Hood  &  Trunk trim.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the trim profile for a 70 should be smooth.

Dman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A fellow member offered a possible explanation... Chrysler prob superseded the 70 part number for the 71 part...... if that’s so, then I’d have a 71 part?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a part supersedes, the old number is no longer used. They don't change the part inside the package, they just eliminate the old number entirely and say "use this one" ("replaced by 3579590" in this case). As such, were this a case of supersession, it would not have the '70 part number on it.

If indeed that's a '71 part, it's more likely that the vendor either screwed up and packaged the wrong moulding, or made an internal command decision to go ahead and package the same part under two different part numbers. Either case would be entirely possible by October of 1984 when, as far as Chrysler and most of the public was concerned, it was nothing more than a 15-year-old used car.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to work in a parts department at a Plymouth dealership. They would use the same part number with a different part as the old part ran out. They did that a lot with trim. I remember ordering trim and the wide 71 trim came in. The customer liked it and went ahead with it. Some other wide trim pieces came in and were eventually tossed. All was under the same parts number at times. Sometimes the handy crash books parts numbers were different than the parts books part numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back