• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda Belt moulding

aussiemark

Reaction score
My 70 Cuda doesn't have the belt mouldings (trims along the top of the doors and 1/4 panels next to the windows) and it has no holes or filled in holes so I am sure it must have been built that way. These mouldings were part of the basic Cuda package but for some reason this car never had them, has anyone ever come across this before?

budascuda

Reaction score
I thought the barracudas didn't have the belt moulding?

AUSTA

Reaction score
My 70 Cuda doesn't have the belt mouldings (trims along the top of the doors and 1/4 panels next to the windows) and it has no holes or filled in holes so I am sure it must have been built that way. These mouldings were part of the basic Cuda package but for some reason this car never had them, has anyone ever come across this before?
Wasn't only the Challenger Western Sport Special that had those belt mouldings from what i can find it was only on Californian export models

aussiemark

Reaction score
They weren't on Barracudas only Cudas, never seen them on a Challenger, they are anodised aluminium and the holes for the clips are fairly big so if they were filled in I am sure I would see some evidence (weld or bondo)

moparlee

Reaction score
They weren't on Barracudas only Cudas, never seen them on a Challenger, they are anodised aluminium and the holes for the clips are fairly big so if they were filled in I am sure I would see some evidence (weld or bondo)
It is standard trim on the 1970 SE Challenger. I have it on my 71 Challenger as an option.

340challconvert

Reaction score
The molding is available reproduction for Cuda’s!
265-D Mopar 1970-74 Plymouth Cuda Door Top Edge Moulding

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

shakercuda

Reaction score
Your ‘70 cuda is probably an earlier built car, correct? I’ve had a couple of early September built Cudas that did not have the belt moldings.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Also on the 70 WSS Challenger as A91 Package

View attachment 62238
That would be where the rocker molding goes, we are discussing belt moldings here. I have one door from a barracuda here and one door from a challenger and some old pieces of belt molding and it looks as though the trim fits the same for both doors.

AUSTA

Reaction score
That would be where the rocker molding goes, we are discussing belt moldings here. I have one door from a barracuda here and one door from a challenger and some old pieces of belt molding and it looks as though the trim fits the same for both doors.
Yes i didn't have the vehicle to show the belt moulding the A91 package included both the rocker & the belt moulding plus other upgrades the pic is mainly to show the size of the large holes for the mount ,do you have any good Challenger belt mouldings

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have been looking for the belt mouldings for my Challenger along with the stainless trim piece that runs along the front valence.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
I have been looking for the belt mouldings for my Challenger along with the stainless trim piece that runs along the front valence.
Do you need all the pieces both doors and both quarters? I know where a nice NoS set is if so. Is yours an M31 code option car? Just curious…. Mine is a M28, M31 and M91 car. Lots of options two fender tag car

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Yes, I am looking for all 5 pieces. The piece for the rear of the hood. Both doors, both quarters and the front valence upper trim piece. I have a wanted add in the parts section also. Thank you.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Yes, I am looking for all 5 pieces. The piece for the rear of the hood. Both doors, both quarters and the front valence upper trim piece. I have a wanted add in the parts section also. Thank you.
Ok let me see what I can do. I’ll contact a friend who has the belt molds. Maybe he’ll have the rear hood trim so hang on I’ll try

Back