• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Hemi Cuda at auction, 86 original miles.

Duda

Reaction score
1970 PLYMOUTH HEMI CUDA | OFFERED WITHOUT RESERVE | Collector Cars | Online Auctions | Proxibid

1654609780960.png

1654609732865.png

rklein71

Reaction score
It has always bewildered me that someone would order a high dollar hemi cuda and get it without the rally gauge package.

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
uh yeah, makes you wonder if it's legit... would definitely need to see verified documentation before bidding on that...
Check out the tail panel ‘Cuda emblem located to the immediate left of the trunk key tumbler. Not the factory positioning. Seems fishy! Pun intended! 😆

plymouth67

Reaction score
No where in the ad does it say this car is original or unrestored. It also doesn't say the 86 miles is the original miles. Unless I missed something...

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The car is at the Barber Motorsports Museum in Alabama and was sold previously by another automotive group.
Started life as a drag car which explains the lack of options. Odometer was disconnected until after original owner's widow died and the son sold it in 1977. Next owner put it bact to original trim.

The museum is well worth a visit. Hundreds of cars and motorcycles.
A phenomenal facility that will show you what a real mancave can be. 🤩

Last edited:

Fishgutz

Reaction score
I agree with rklein, lots of parts show more 86 miles on the road. The wood grain on the shift knob is worn off and whats with 8-3/4” rear end in a hemi car? And a black screw holding down the fender tag?? Things don’t add up on the history, nonetheless, I’d love to own it.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
If any of you want to see 3 pages of pictures of the barbar museum I have this post I made.

That place is AMAZING !!

Wish this car would have been there when I made it through there in January 2020.

Duda

Reaction score
The car is at the Barber Motorsports Museum in Alabama and was sold previously by another automotive group.
Started life as a drag car which explains the lack of options. Odometer was disconnected until after original owner's widow died and the son sold it in 1977. Next owner put it bact to original trim.

The museum is well worth a visit. Hundreds of cars and motorcycles.
A phenomenal facility that will show you what a real mancave can be. 🤩
That explains a lot of questions on this car. Thanks for the knowledge.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
If it were strip driven every weekend it would have gotten , maybe 12 miles per weekend. Maybe 5-600 miles a year for seven years. Perhaps 3500 miles on the car.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If it were strip driven every weekend it would have gotten , maybe 12 miles per weekend. Maybe 5-600 miles a year for seven years. Perhaps 3500 miles on the car.
My math came out to be.86 x 4 = 344 times ridin hard and put away wet. WAIT A MINIUTE! 344 x 426= 103944. That's more like it!

1fast383fish

Reaction score
I live about 20 miles from the Barber Museum will have to go check it out and the Cuda, just wish I had the cash to bid on it. :thumbsup:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I live about 20 miles from the Barber Museum will have to go check it out and the Cuda, just wish I had the cash to bid on it. :thumbsup:
@1fast383fish
If you get a chance, snap a few pics of the two body stamps and the vin tag to add to the picture documentation on the car, here on febo.
If you have never gone to the museum, make sure you have time for it. If your not so much into motorcycles you will spend and hour or two. I spent 9 hours of so. They kicked me out when they were tired of being there.
That place is amazing!

Last edited:
Back