• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Old Race Car

74ChAARger

Reaction score
1970 challenger 005.jpg I've been wanting to build a T/A clone, so today I picked up this old race car. It has the right hood . Has 4 hood pins and no hinges. Works for me. Fiberglass fenders, too. The paint wouldn't stick to the fiberglass, it must need a primer. The grille and much of the interior is missing. Looking for a driver quality used grille.

1970 challenger 001.jpg

It has drag slicks, skinny front tires and a fuel cell, as well as a full roll cage. It must have been fast. I have no idea of what motor they were running, as there is nothing in the engine bay. Makes you wonder how well it stopped with the drum brakes all around. They have long lanes at the track. Windshield is missing, but the rest of the glass is there. Looks like lots of work, but not too much rust, just drivers floor pan.

1970 challenger 004.jpg1970 challenger 003.jpg1970 challenger 002.jpg

No tail lights, no dash gauges or speedo, all gone. I will be looking in the parts for sale for either dash, would be correct on a T/A.

1970 challenger 005.jpg

1970 challenger 001.jpg

1970 challenger 004.jpg

1970 challenger 003.jpg

1970 challenger 002.jpg

74ChAARger

Reaction score
The 1974 Charger in the first picture has a 408 stroker with the complete 6-pack set-up, and I plan to put that engine in the 70 Challenger. I have the original 318 that was in the charger.

74ChAARger

Reaction score
I have started collecting parts. I found a grille on Ebay, as well as tail lights. I'm looking for seats, hopefully in Alberta. Just the front seats are missing. I have ordered a trunk floor from AMD, the fuel cell is cut into the floor.

74ChAARger

Reaction score
It's not an S.E. I sold the fuel cell and bought a new gas tank. There is a big hole in the trunk floor where the fuel cell was, ordered the AMD trunk floor. Sold the wheels and tires, I want to go to some original looking wheels, but with modern radial tires. What size of tire would be close to rhe old letter sizes?

Back