• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger Trunk Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewbyu

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need a trunk torsion trunk rod that holds the deck lid open. I believe i need the single rod, not the double rods. Mine was missing so i assume i need a single as I understand that in 71 they were a single rod, if anyone can share some light on this subject also it would be appreciated.

thanks

[email protected]

jambbii

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure on this subject but I have a setup off a 70 (double rod). Let me know if you are interested.

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some had one and some had two. Look at your car to see what you need. If your car only came with one bar, there won't be any adjusting slotts on the passengers side bracket on the inner wheelwell.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yep, I understand they went from 2 to 1 in '71 and it will be obvious just by taking a look at the brackets. I may havve a spare single, I'll check my stash.

blewbyu

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I understand they went from 2 to 1 in '71 and it will be obvious just by taking a look at the brackets. I may havve a spare single, I'll check my stash.

Check the passenger side no adjustment holes, definitely need a single, please anybody got one, i have to get this where my deck lid stays up with out the wifes broom handle she says she needs it back LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back