• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1971 Cuda 440-6 Barrel Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod Crain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Offered fresh 1971 440-6 barrel HP-2 out of a 1971 hard top Cuda 1 of 239 automatic transmission Cuda’s built in 1971 or 1 of 108 4 speed Cuda’s I not sure one way or the other. I have owned the motor for 26 years. Was in my 1964 Dodge Polars 500 for 12 years before installing a higher horse power 440. Just finished having a complete rebuild with new Speed Pro forged .040, 6 barrel pistons & rings correct 6 barrel connecting rods & balancer. New 6 barrel spec 3 bolt cam, lifters, push rods & double roller timing chain. Correct used Mopar windage tray new reproduction E body oil pan & new Mopar oil pick up. Date code correct 346 heads have 2.14 intake & 1.82 Exhaust values New value springs Correct value covers. The machine shop Installed a 4 barrel and broke the Cam in on a engine stand. 1971 6 barrel intake, reproduction Holley 1971 carbs center (4 speed) R4669 front R4671 rear R4672 will need rebuilt. Original 70-71 Mopar air cleaner base and lid, new reproduction air filter choke solinoid Is there don’t know if it works Willing to finish rebuild with reproduction parts like coil bracket, coil, gas line parts, fuel pump etc etc & carbs rebuilt for 20,000 Or buy as is 18,000
Sorry the only picture I have right now is the numbers on the Pan rail of the block Galen Govier secretary Diana confirmed that the motor was out of a 71-440 6 barrel Cuda over the phone Some confusion as to whether the car was an automatic or four-speed any help with this is appreciated.
Thanks Rod

C5DB208E-D942-4E7C-BEE9-7A52958D833A.jpeg

elnielsen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JOFF! That stands for JAW ON THE FLOOR. WOW!! At least find the owner in Belgium and see if they can be reunited!

Rod Crain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome I’m not sure how to find them they had the car listed in a auctions That is over It was through a Auction company if anybody has any idea’s let me know. It does say in their listing that the car Is all matching except for originally It had an automatic transmission?? Thanks Rod

elnielsen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sayin' I would contact that auction company and say put me in contact with your client, I have the engine to their car. If you have to, tell them to broker a deal. Maybe just post again here with a Belgium post - asking people from Belgium to make the connection. They are on here. There are crazy Mopar followings in Sweden, Australlia, a lot of the nether countries, and a few of the European ones, and Bahrain and a few other nearby countries..

elnielsen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if the guy owns that car... He can probably afford the engine.. Or at least will stretch to reunite his car with it's numbers matching engine.

Rod Crain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried to contact the auction company three times I’ve sent messages and no answers Thanks Rod

elnielsen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rod Crain If you google the VIN, it shows up as not-sold from a Mecum auction in 2013. Maybe contact Mecum Auctions and tell them it is possible you have (and are trying to sell) the original engine to a car they tried to auction, and would they contact the current owner if possible?

Mecum - Kissimmee, FL - January 18-27, 2013
Lot S74
Mecum Auctions
[email protected]
Phone: (262) 275-5050

Who knows, maybe these guys know more: Six Pack Speedshop

fastmark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, since everyone puts such a big emphasis on “matching numbers” as to the value of these cars, it may already have another “matching numbers” engine. It happens all the time. Anytime you have a situation where someone can make some money the easy way, someone’s going to take advantage. Now, please don’t think I’m making a comment on the price of your motor. I build motors and know what they cost both parts and labor. You are putting some value on the fact that this block came out of a 71 440-6 Cuda. It’s was just a motor back in 71. Good luck on your sale.

Rod Crain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks appreciate your input I’m an old drag racer who’s not really up on the restoration of these cars. the ad for the Cuda says it is virtually matching except for the gearbox witch should be an automatic. But it doesn’t say original numbers matching motor a play on word? I posted my add For the motor with a price I would like for the It we all know you don’t alway get the asking price, you’ve got to have a starting price right. When the 6 pack is done I’ve Spent close 5,000 On it alone Part aren’t cheap. I would beg to differ with you on a 440 pack as I bought my first car in 1972 a 66 Cornett 500 with a 383 four speed And all I cared about was street races. Believe me any car that had a 440 6 pack in it was not just another motor they were holy terrors on the street. I understand your point though as it’s one of The 239 1971 440 6 pack Automatic transmission motors made for the Cuda’s It is also one of the millions of 440 made

Thanks Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back