• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible Restoration Project !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Ticket

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1971 Challenger Convertible Restoration Project !!

Originally an EV2, (White Top "I Think" ??), Tan Interior, 340, Automatic.

JH27H1B ......

$27,500.00 for all. (No Trades Or Partial Trades)

The only real options on this car that I can think of right off the top of my head are that it is a 340 car, 3 speaker dash, standard dash (non-Rallye), non-a/c car, manual top car, rear sway bar. As far as I know, "most", if not all convertible specific parts are there on the car now but if I missed something ... well, then I missed something ...

No fender tag, no broadcast sheet but since the original drivetrain is gone anyway ... who really cares ??? (My Opinion) ... Allegedly ... this car was built between two Pace Cars but I never verified that ...

Clear Kentucky Title In My Name.

This car has been off the road in dry storage since the early 80s. The body of this car is very respectable as are the frame rails. The left side drivers floor pan (front & rear) needs repair/patch/replacement ??? The car has been painted "over" a couple of times so, I would imagine the sheet metal is in very good shape with all the paint protecting it ?? The doors open and shut very well and the entire car is structurally sound ...

The current color on the car was done in the early 80s as it was a project to be done otherwise back then.

Along with this Challenger comes, a "very near" period correct 340 long block that has been freshly machined and needs final cleaning before assembly. Also comes with a gasket kit and rod & main bearings. I have added this 340 to the car and did not come with the car when I bought it as are about 95% of the parts that go with it.

Along with this car comes a pretty good butt-load of 1970/1971 E-body parts that I am currently separating and trying to neatly box up for transport. I have "some" pics of the parts now but will have better-detailed pics of the parts as soon as I can make them available within the coming week.

Car is located in Louisville, KY.

If interested, please feel free to reply to this ad or PM me ...

Thx, For The Interest !!

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.jpg

H.jpg

I.jpg

Last edited:

E-Ticket

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***** UPDATE *****

I received an interesting inquiry about my "parts" section of this sale and am seriously considering it but first things, first. My first desire is to sell all to one party and be done with it but not everyone is on board with taking everything.

My inquiry said that they were interested in the parts but I told him that when whoever wants the car and 340 engine, commits to purchasing, I will require a deposit from him for the parts to make sure he is going to follow through so ... if someone here is interested in the car and 340 engine ... drop me a line and we'll go from there.

Thx !!!

***** UPDATE ***** November 06, 2023 *****

Part of this sale is underway now. I have a deposit from my alleged buyer this morning for the parts section of this transaction so ... if someone wants just the car and freshly machined, 340-long block (no intake/carb) ... 20K takes the car and 340. My parts buyer does understand that if the car buyer ultimately wants the parts also ... I have the option of selling those parts to him/her with the car and refunding his deposit ...

Thx !!

Last edited:

E-Ticket

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody better buy this thing soon "Cuz" the thought of back-halving this thing into fitting a Super Stock drag car class has crossed my mind several times lately ???
whistling
grin
wink

I sure do love convertible drag cars ...
grin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back