• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1971 dodge challenger pace car

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrees72

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pelosi said that

Lets let this horse lie and get back to the subject. Can anyone ask for details on Mr. ldr's Challenger without upsetting somebody ?

Has anyone seen the commercial where the Owner of the bike shop says you can't test ride the bike, you only can buy it, the realtor says you can't look at the house she is selling before you buy it, you have to trust her ? Done.

Pelosi.."We have to pass the bill to see what's in it............" We know how that worked out.

ldr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are several reasons I have not replied to various posts. 1st please read the add carefulluy it sayes"pm me here", for those of you who cannot comphrend the definition of "pm" it is PRIVATE MESSAGE. 2ND I own and operate 2 businesses and still try to maintain a bitt of life. so I really don't want to sit around the computer waiting for question when a simple phone call will suffice and is more personable. 3rd the "pm" is my choice of communication not yours, since phone #'s are not permitted in adds. 4th as far as the du-gooders who have the sicic powers to ask all the questions for the weak minded members who don't posecess your powers I don't need your help to sell my items

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just some thougts

I think it would be safe to say that most members who participate on this site have an inherent love and strong interest in e-body cars. Everyone that I have interacted with was always willing to share advice, offer help and just plain talk about their cars regardless of the status or condition of the car. This interest lies in a common bond that makes members curious about a car; knowing what rare options the car may have, determining the rarity of a vehicle, and making a determination as to the condition of a vehicle and what it might take to bring the car back into a restored or roadworthy condition. The reason for the questions is sometimes due to the fact that members have varied levels of skills, and their skill levels really determine whether the person may or may not be able to take on a project contingent upon the amount of work the car may need. This is why pertinent information about a vehicle is important to the person inquiring. Sometimes the interest is just plain curiosity about what is still out there after 40 + years of everyone grabbing up the "good" cars and when a rarity like a pace car shows up, it generates a strong curiosity about the car, it's a piece of history and can it be saved?
On restoring vs using a car for parts; Many members think about saving a rarity, a car worthy of saving because of it's uniqueness and the fact that very few are available or even left in existence. It is not always about the money, because generally the cost of restoration exceeds the value of the finished vehicle unless the car is one of a few specialty cars with rare options or super low production. If someone purchases a car, they of course can do whatever they want with it since it is their property, but I think it actually hurts true enthusiasts when they hear that a rare car may become a parts car. and our first inclination is to try and "save" it. I am sure many of us think this way but we also understand that this a market driven process dictated by condition, cost and value of a project.
These thoughts are more of a mindset among enthusiasts whose true motive is just interest, curiosity and a desire to save another piece of Mopar history. I think these are member attributes that generate questions and inquiries about any car being offered for sale or displayed by members. It is never personal or for bad motives and is guided by our love for these cars.
I hope someone chooses to purchase and restore this pace car. This status alone makes it worthy for someone to put the time and effort into restoring a rare vehicle. We are lucky that we now have parts available for restorations today that would not have been available 10 or 15 years ago. I wish the seller and the buyer the best in completing a transaction.
Peace and goodwill this holiday season for the e-body faithful!

Dino2 (1).gif

ldr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to worry about this car anymore it has been sold without any drama from the 2guruguys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back