• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 440 Challenger- Clone Vanishing Point

Reaction score
I have added a few posts already to this site. I am building my 73 Challenger 440 to clone the 70 RT from Vanishing point. This will be my FIRST engine build, and second car building. I plan on asking a lot of questions and look forward to any suggestions. I plan to build in the following order:
1. Engine- just got word back from the machine shop the engine is solid for build. I want to build to around 9.5:1 CR and have around 400 hp. I will now shortly what size pistons I will need, then plans to build will start- standby for alot of questions.
2. Safety- Redo brakes, suspension, and fuel system.
3. Rear end- replace the gears and add 3.55 gears.
4. Underside- clean up
5. Media blast the body- looking at Baking soda.
6. Body work- remove vinyl top, and prime.
7. Interior- all black and add a 5 speed.
8. Paint- White similar to 70 RT.
9. Have fun!!- I plan on this in each step.

If there are any suggestions I look forward on hearing about it. I will keep you posted with pictures and updates. Now lets have fun.
hello2.gif

Reaction score
Looks bad. Did you find the failure? The key to horsepower is in the heads. The most economical setup is probably 440source.com
The engine has been tested and cleaned, there are no issues with the block, heads, crank, or rods. He will bore out to fix the ridge rimmer I used- lesson learned never do that again. As for the failure not sure if there was one- I never heard the engine run. I was thinking about some head work, I have heard about 440 source some good and some bad- will see what my heads will do beofre I go to the Stealth ones form 440.

Back