• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 barracuda tail light trim ring

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach the round stainless trim rings to the tail lights? The adhesive that was inside the trim rings looked like contact cement but I could not really tell since they are 50 years old and crusty. When I cleaned the glue out with Acetone, the adhesive seemed to get slightly tacky.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
@David DiMartino Did you use any specific clear epoxy? Was it a two part epoxy? I have some 2 part epoxy that I was thinking of using. Have any trim rings come loose? How long have they been on for?

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Thats good news. Thank you for the information. I'm going to try that this weekend.

David DiMartino

Reaction score
I applied the epoxy to the trim ring, attached the trim ring to the tail light and held it in place with masking tape. I cleaned up the excess after the epoxy set up a little but well before it was fully cured.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
@David DiMartino I used JB weld 2 part epoxy and the trim rings feel as though they are on solid. I could not pull one off. Thanks for the info. The taillights look awesome once again. I used a chrome paint stick, I bought from amazon, to refinish the inner painted circle. IMG_6560.jpgIMG_6561.jpg

Back