• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 'Cuda Rsto Project

Pappa1

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my project. The engine, transmission, and clutch assembly are done! The engine is now a 411cu in with a Stroker Kit, new pistons, oversize cam, roller rockers, etc.. But as far as looks go it is still an unassuming Rochester Thermo Carb 340 cu in but is painted MOPAR orange instead of Chrysler blue. The engine bay has been stripped and ALL rust has been repaired. The glass is going back in with all new whiskers, gaskets, seals, rubber, etc.. The ole wiring has been removed from bumper to bumper and completely re-wired along with LED lights. The dash Rallye gauges have been restored to better than original, the dash is being re-installed with the original AC rebuilt and updated which will keep the real look of the day, a NOS vinyl top is going back on, new interior insulation/sound deadening and head liner is being installed, and the seats and rugs have been replaced with NOS material.

Once the wallet recovers, the mechanics will be addressed, upgrade front/rear suspension but keep the power steering and brakes as original, new fuel tank, and upgrade thefuel/brake lines. The underside will be repainted and coated after a re-enforcement frame kit is installed. Then the body rust will be addressed along with the final paint job. OMG, my aching savings account is crying aloud! But the wifey says drive on and get it done, so I will prevail...somehow.

Here are a few pics of before and during the project. Hopefully someday soon the completed project pics will be posted, too.

DS View.jpg

Front View.jpg

Missing Vinyl Top-Gasket-Chrome-Paint.jpg

Window-Trim-Gasket.jpg

Missing Dashboard-Main Wire Harness-AC Ducts-WONT START.jpg

1-5462-IMAG0272.jpg

IMG950022.jpg

IMG950023.jpg

IMG950024.jpg

5760845831.jpg

Pappa1

Reaction score
Thanks. Here is a pic of the engine bay small rust areas repaired and all painted. The window channels have been repaired and painted. The OE vinyl top is getting installed and next will be all window gaskets, whiskers, rubber etc., along with the glass, too.

20190625_114139.jpg

20190625_114200.jpg

Pappa1

Reaction score
Opps, the engine bay didn't upload. Here it is.

20190625_113952.jpg

Pappa1

Reaction score
It's funny to see the size of an Original Equipment Vinyl Top compared to today's sizing of tops, rugs, seat covers, etc. The vinyl guy was delighted as he had some much material to work with for stretching tight, where as he said typically he only has a few inches to stretch and make tight.

Pappa1

Reaction score
Actually that is the original VIN color match with just a touch of pearl added. It still has to be clear coated which will make it shine more, of course.

Ralph

Reaction score
Is that Autumn Bronze metallic ?

Rich G.

Reaction score
16F162C5-D2A9-42BE-82B1-34EC715BB9E0.jpeg
Very nice. I’m working on a odd original color too.

moparlee

Reaction score
Looks like you have a nice solid car for your project. That is one of my favorite colors, I have a '71 Challenger in Autumn Bronze Metallic, GK6.

Back