• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND 1973 passengers side quarter moulding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt46

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Needed as pictured. Thank you
20210129_144738.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the best information I can give you is that the Mopar part number for it was 3419796. The same part number was used 1972-'74; I didn't check earlier catalogs.

The '73 I had as a kid had a similar moulding, but I could've sworn mine was just held on with two-sided tape. I removed them shortly after I got the car. I figured the original owner added them--Trim-Brite sold that stuff in rolls--and never thought much more about it. I just dug out the original window sticker for that car and sho' 'nuff, they're called out on it: V5X VINYL BODY SIDE MOULDINGS, a $13.90 option. I really don't remember buffing or waxing around a line of mounting studs, but that was also 33 years ago too.

I'd suggest the usual suspects in terms of finding NOS (Brad's, Arizona, etc.), or maybe just save an eBay search for the part number. I think a lot of cars lost that moulding in a "restoration" since you don't seem to see many with it anymore. I tore mine off because I didn't care for the look.

While I realize it's far from ideal, you might want to look at aftermarket options that closely resemble the profile of the original pieces. I found this place that sells a lot of styles/colors of body side mouldings; Trim-Brite is out of the game but I'd bet there are others. If you find something close, some very-careful, shallow drilling on the back of the moulding would make clearance for the studs. It might be good enough for the time being until the magic OEM part lands in your lap... it's just a thought.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I saw that which is why I dug out my car's window sticker. I really don't remember them on my car, but one can forget a lot in 33 years and 80+ cars. The studs in your quarter panel were why I suggested possibly trying the self-adhering stuff, carefully clearanced (dimpled, a.k.a. partially drilled) from the adhesive side to fit over them. That way, when you do find the right moulding, you could simply take off the "close but no cigar" stuff and install the moulding right back on those studs. Again, it was just an idea but might beat driving around with one missing moulding for however long it takes for that piece to surface.

Sometimes, "close enough" will get you by for awhile. Something happened to the stripe on my friend's unrestored '73 Charger Rallye long before he got it. Someone "patched" the missing section with a carefully-cut piece of electrical tape. Only a few of us even know it's there; nobody else ever seems to have noticed it, even at car shows... and he's owned that car since 1999. 😂

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one if not two of them. They are held on with plastic clips that attach to studs or rivits if the panel has been replaced. I'll be out in the garage and will send pics over the weekend.

Capt46

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one if not two of them. They are held on with plastic clips that attach to studs or rivits if the panel has been replaced. I'll be out in the garage and will send pics over the weekend.
Yes great I have the rivets on the quarter panel. Need passenger side. My email [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back