• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 426 Hemi block question?

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I have a 1974 426 Hemi block that has the correct part# cast into as well as an X cast off to the side of the part #. Can anyone tell me or point me to a source to identify what the deal is with this block? I've been told that it's a warranty block by one guy and another said it could be a factory block for the top fuel cars. Any help appreciated!

IMG_6366.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Is there a partial VIN number stamped on the pad by the oil pan rail? A warranty block would have no stampings on the pad.

Bobzilla

Reaction score
This is likely a factory available over-the-counter block, which would be available for purchase or use for warranty repairs at the dealership. It should be no better and no worse than any other block that came as original equipment in a production car. But the best thing is, since it was not originally installed in a car from the factory, it is good for anyone looking for a "warranty" block to replace a missing original engine instead of a wrong vin.

Back