• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 Barracuda headliner

57fury440

Reaction score
I recently swapped a roof onto a 1974 Barracuda. The entire roof was done inner and outer panels. The replacement roof came off of a 1970 Barracuda. I did not realize at the time that the 74 roof uses 4 bows and the 70 uses 5 for the headliner. I would like to stay with the 4 bow headliner. Can anyone here give me the measurements for where the bow retainer clips go on a 4 bow roof ( of coarse I don't have the original roof that would makes things too easy ). Any help would be great. Thanks.

rklein71

Reaction score
I am not sure you have an option to do 4 bows instead of 5 since you have an early roof. Someone with more experience will need to chime in on this one.

Adam

Reaction score
Well, you could take the measurements off the 4 bow headliner, if you have it, then mock it up. There are two little wires that clip in near the rear window and connect/hold the rear bow as you pull the headliner forward. This will indicate where the bows need to be as you work from back to front. Buy a bunch of spring clips to clamp the headliner material to the sides. Be prepared, this will be tedious work.

I wonder though, does one or the other have sail panels that you are going to utilize, or not.

12PCS 19mm Metal Black Binder Spring Clips Paper Filing Grip Clamps | Alexnld.com

57fury440

Reaction score
I think it will be easier to just find the bows for the 70 roof.

Back