• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2020 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals – 50th Anniversary of 1970 AAR Cuda and T/A Challenger

BriceRoad

Reaction score
I had a bit of an adventure on the way there. I was to meet my friend in his ‘66 Dart convertible at a mutual friend’s house in Milford, NJ at 11am Thursday. The trouble started when the Dart broke down in Milford close to where we were going to meet. It was getting fuel but no spark. My friend and I checked the coil, and tried changing the ECU and the ballast resistor. Still no spark so I call another friend and he says did you check the pick up coil in the distributor? (The car has been upgraded to electronic ignition) So I checked the pick up coil and it was open. Later while playing with it I noticed if I squeezed it I got a reading but when I let go it was open again. I tried calling a few auto parts stores but no one stocks it. We were at the intersection of Routes 614 & 579. No street signs or houses. Very rural. So we called AAA. After 2 hours they still didn’t show. My friend called them back and they told him the tow truck guy couldn’t find us and he just gave up but shouldn’t he have called us? This is the age of cell phones. Anyway, my friend said he was getting the run around from AAA so he asks me to call them. I call them and I had to tell the entire story to 4 different agents before the last agent finally helped us. Part of the problem was my friend only gave them the County Route numbers to find us. They actually thought we were in Massachusetts. I had a found a house near by on my phone so I gave them that address. They said it will be another 60-75 minutes. It was another 110 minutes. Almost a total wait of 4 hours. So we get the Dart on the flatbed and we go back to my friends house which is 1 hour and 10 minutes away and finally head out to Carlisle in my 2011 Avenger since both of our old cars were now incapacitated. So it took us 12 hours to get there when it normally takes 3 but it was too late to cancel the hotel room and we both were looking forward to the show so we decided to go no matter how late we get there.

On the bright side we had a great time at the show. It was my first time parking near front wheel drive cars like Avengers, Stratus, Darts, and Shadows. I am usually parked with the other E bodies. It’s like a different world over there. You can’t even see the grandstand. We were right next to the Dodge Thrill rides. There were a bunch of young kids with Dodge Shadows across the row from us. One kid had a custom made intake and 4 barrel sticking out of his hood. His friend customized a /6 distributor and made it fit the V6 in the FWD Shadow. It was really cool.

Overall I had a great time. Friday and Saturday flew by in what seemed like minutes. Most of the weather was pretty good but it did get really hot on Friday afternoon. I already registered for next year. Sorry for the long post.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
sounds like you had quite the adventure. Good thing you decided to come on out. Cool to see what the younger generation is doing with mopars.

djais1801

Reaction score
i ended up going but didn't bring my car for fears of what you went through...it was my first time and i wanted to get the lay of the land sort of speak...i already reserved a hotel for next year.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Sweet. I already registered for next year. I didn’t reserve a room due to my friend always reserves 3 rooms but maybe I should? I don’t want to be out in the cold. I hope you had a good time djais1801.

Back