• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 X Head Value

DU5T3R360

Reaction score
I have a set of X heads (2531894-A and 2531894-E), both with a date code of 0218. These were restored 20 years ago by Richard Clapham and have been in storage since. He said that these were castings he had seen in many years. What was done:

1. Heads inspected before disassembly
2. Disassembled and measured valves installed heights
3. Clean heads by caustic soda heated boiling
4. Measure all valves and seat heights, record and save for assembly
5. Square head on Winona valve guide servicing tool-mill and drill out all guides and replace
6. Fit machine centering pilots exact to size and use seat measurements to cutout exhaust valve seats
7. Cut all seat angles-now has 5/15/45/70/90 just like a hemi
8. Hand grind all valve pockets to blend in new seats and to improve flow of all the valve pockets-New springs installed at 120lbs on seat and 225 @ .5”
9. Install valve to corrected portions, trim valve stems to given measurements and install seals, lube and assemble w/valve springs
10. Seat the valves to the seats and vacuum test the sealing of each valve and port-these came out perfect!

I’m hoping the Mopar community can help me determine a value for these. I will ultimately sell them, as my car is not numbers matching.
IMG_0271.jpeg
IMG_0279.jpeg
IMG_0270.jpeg
IMG_0278.jpeg
IMG_0274.jpeg

440WB

Reaction score
I have a set of X heads (2531894-A and 2531894-E), both with a date code of 0218. These were restored 20 years ago by Richard Clapham and have been in storage since. He said that these were castings he had seen in many years. What was done:

5. Square head on Winona valve guide servicing tool-mill and drill out all guides and replace
6. Fit machine centering pilots exact to size and use seat measurements to cutout exhaust valve seats
8. Hand grind all valve pockets to blend in new seats and to improve flow of all the valve pockets-New springs installed at 120lbs on seat and 225 @ .5”
9. Install valve to corrected portions, trim valve stems to given measurements and install seals, lube and assemble w/valve springs
10. Seat the valves to the seats and vacuum test the sealing of each valve and port-these came out perfect!

I’m hoping the Mopar community can help me determine a value for these. I will ultimately sell them, as my car is not numbers matching.
View attachment 120366View attachment 120367View attachment 120368View attachment 120369View attachment 120370

View attachment 120366View attachment 120367View attachment 120368View attachment 120369View attachment 120370

Back