• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

383 Six pack- carb choices

rustyacres

Reaction score
Hi all! Had a hunt around but couldn’t specifically find what I was looking for.
I recently acquired a nice Edelbrock six pack intake manifold for my 383. I’m heading to the US soon and am likely to be throwing down some serious $$$$ on a new set of carbs to fit.

1. I am looking at Holley 4144 and 4360. My question is: there’s a there a difference between this and the P4349235 mopar performance Holley six pack carb?

2. Has anyone got experience with the Fitech fi Six pack system and would they reccomend it as an option for someone who just wants a daily driver for fun?

3. Has anyone used any other model/type carb that won’t cost me a house? 🤣🤣

Thanks so much in advance 😎

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would highly recommend EFI as a better option .
the 4144 can be usd as the center carb , the 4360 is a small 4 bbl & will not work
4365 is what you need

Last edited:

rustyacres

Reaction score
Thanks! All makes sense! Do you have any reccomendations for FI systems out there? I don’t want to start a debate on the pros and cons of FI but I feel like there are limited options for six pack EFI outside of the Fitech system… but I am happy to be corrected 😎

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have not looked but FITech had Jensen at one show I was at with a 440 6 pak FI system , friggin cool !

rustyacres

Reaction score
These are my two choices narrowed down- to be honest last time I messed with a Holley sniper it was ‘ok’ but never felt trustworthy!
7486F6FC-A96C-42C4-BBAF-AE2EF33D13D1.png

16E11173-2CB4-404E-8E99-1D8EA3E67055.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
To be honest the 6 pak carbs are not that great , more visual eye candy , I swapped out an RPM intake & 950 carb on a 440 with a 6 pack & lost a lot of power & drivability , the singe 4 bbl was far better . $4k Au just for the carbs is crazy ! You still need fuel lines , linkage , throttle brackets etc .
I have been working with EFI systems since 1998 , I think Holleys was called Commander at that time , it was Junk , 3 computer failures in a couple of months . The newer systems seems to be better but I have seen complaints about some of the T body injection systems But the new Holley Sniper seems OK . I don't see the price for the FITech Throttle bodies . I lean towards EFI , it has been 37 years since a car left the factory with a carb .
I built a Multiport system for a customer & sourced everything separately from various suppliers , it was friggin awesome , I used a Victor 4 bbl intake drilled for injectors with rails supplied , Bosch 85 lb / hr injectors , Accufab 1200 CFM T body that was 1/2 as tall as a carb , a separate Walbro fuel pump to each rail feeding only 4 cylinders , set up a crank trigger & used a Computer that was Aircraft rated from SDS EFI . EFI i snot cheap but not that far out of line if the carbs are over 4K !

68 HEMI GTS

Reaction score
To be honest the 6 pak carbs are not that great , more visual eye candy , I swapped out an RPM intake & 950 carb on a 440 with a 6 pack & lost a lot of power & drivability , the singe 4 bbl was far better . $4k Au just for the carbs is crazy ! You still need fuel lines , linkage , throttle brackets etc .
I have been working with EFI systems since 1998 , I think Holleys was called Commander at that time , it was Junk , 3 computer failures in a couple of months . The newer systems seems to be better but I have seen complaints about some of the T body injection systems But the new Holley Sniper seems OK . I don't see the price for the FITech Throttle bodies . I lean towards EFI , it has been 37 years since a car left the factory with a carb .
I built a Multiport system for a customer & sourced everything separately from various suppliers , it was friggin awesome , I used a Victor 4 bbl intake drilled for injectors with rails supplied , Bosch 85 lb / hr injectors , Accufab 1200 CFM T body that was 1/2 as tall as a carb , a separate Walbro fuel pump to each rail feeding only 4 cylinders , set up a crank trigger & used a Computer that was Aircraft rated from SDS EFI . EFI i snot cheap but not that far out of line if the carbs are over 4K !
I love comments like this. I’ve run numerous 4 barrel set ups on my 500ci roadrunner street car. Six pack is as fast as any 4150 carb I’ve ran including a 4150/1050. Only thing that really out runs it is a 4500 series carb on a big Indy style intake. By the way, it runs 10’s with the six pack in full street trim..

Back