• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

426 Hemi Motor Mounts

SSing

Reaction score
I have made these K-frame weld on brackets for my A-body project.
It was obviously very coustly and I´m looking to try selling a few sets (left and right) to help finance it.
The SS Hemi A-bodies back in the day, used the early Street Hemi motor mounts and K-frame brackets shown here.
Now my question. On drivers side, the E-body rubber mount looks a little different, than this early B-body rubber mount.
I am not familiar with E-bodies but thinking Chrysler change the E-body rubber mount for a good reason, or can you use what I have here, without the rubber mount or K-frame bracket interfering with something?
Possibly power steering box?
Thank you.
20231104 Drivers side FEBO.jpg
20231029 passenger side FEBO.jpg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I believe the earlier B Body are different than E Body. 65-67 have they engine further forward. 68-71 B Body moved the engines back due to enlarged trans tunnel openings & may be the same as E Body. The K frames changed for 70 for the different sway bar, but all have the same mounts. Just the gear box angles are different between later B Body and E Body K frames.

SSing

Reaction score
I believe the earlier B Body are different than E Body. 65-67 have they engine further forward. 68-71 B Body moved the engines back due to enlarged trans tunnel openings & may be the same as E Body. The K frames changed for 70 for the different sway bar, but all have the same mounts. Just the gear box angles are different between later B Body and E Body K frames.
Like I tried to explain... I´m hoping to sell this early Street Hemi motor mount and k-frame bracket to the E-body guy as well, not just ´66-´70 B-body.
Or I try this. Can I build a K-member for an E-body, using my early B-body motor mounts, shown in the picture?

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have no need for them or know anyone looking for some. I have mine mounted with a front and mid-plates.

rsz_20160414_201144.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

Back