• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger R/T

wannadrag

Reaction score
Hi all, new here but not to the mopars. This will be the 1st E body project I will do. The car is a original white with black vinyl top, black guts R/T 383 Auto. Pretty clean Arizona body but extra crispy interior. It has been apart a long time so many of the trim parts have been lost over time so the search is on. Here she is getting ready for delivery and no idea why the spray bombed R/T on it. It sure will be nice not having replace half the car with new metal for a change.
rt.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Darn it, I can't remember your name but nice looking project and welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'm sure you remember the '68 X I sold you several years ago and you did a great job on that resto so I'll look forward to see what you do with this beauty.

wannadrag

Reaction score
Any idea what happened to Propwash Matt? Havent seen a post from him in a long time.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That's right Jay, sorry. It's been a few years, heck it's been like 5 hasn't it?
I email back and forth with him every once in a while, seems like he's got himself a new life but he's good.

wannadrag

Reaction score
I see it will no longer be white, are you building this one as a keeper?

Chances are pretty good Matt that it might be the last one. I'm not a big numbers or anal moparts type,i build them to what I like not what the tag says so yes plum crazy it will be. Cars this solid are getting tough to find.Not getting any younger and still have a couple in the back of the shop that need to get done for my 2 daughters.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Hello Jay, Nice find! I have a few 70 Challenger parts left over from my resto from years ago. Don't know what you need if anything but may be able to help. My six pac car went to Australia so have been getting rid of my extra parts.

wannadrag

Reaction score
Most of the missing stuff has been found with the exception of a radio. Some more progress over the last few weeks. Not a fan of the 70 RT stripe so I went with a TA style minus the TA script. With in the next month the car should be close to fully assembled. LA built car so no BS and the FT is MIA so it is built to my taste. Vin does jive with the core support and cowl so its a real RT
rt2 001.jpg

wannadrag

Reaction score
Shakedown run sunday,couple little things but not bad for being off the road in pieces for the better part of 20 years.
rt5 004.jpg

wannadrag

Reaction score
Wow! If you just picked that project up in October then you did an amazing job in that short period of time.
Arizona car so not much for rot helps speed the process up plus I do most of it myself ,this one I did all of it. Highway construction slows down in the winter months here so I have more time.
This 72 Swinger I did the year before and swapped for this challenger.
random car 416.jpg

1969VADart

Reaction score
Arizona car so not much for rot helps speed the process up plus I do most of it myself ,this one I did all of it. Highway construction slows down in the winter months here so I have more time.
This 72 Swinger I did the year before and swapped for this challenger.View attachment 36954

Makes sense. My project is going to need some significant body repair, though not so much from rust as from the idiot who had it before me tearing it up from stupidity.

Back