• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger RT/SE >Go Green-Hemi<

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well I never thought I'd say this, but I have to sell my beloved HEMI
Challenger to finish my HEMI Dart.

The build started off with a "Totally Rust Free" Challenger SE that I purchased in Carlisle in 2005 & even then it wasn't cheap - but I had
a bigger vision.

Out came the original 318, but I kepted the overhead console, bucket seats -floor console ralley dash -but little else.

Next came a full rotisserie restoration & color change from Lite Green to Go Green with the undercarriage painted body color. Naturally the
entire car was stripped to bare medal, using baking soda - not sand or walnut shells.

The 8-3/4 came out & in it's place is a Dana 60 with 3.73's & a Richmond powertrax setup - Gone are the drum brakes replaced with
disc brakes.

Next was the front end & suspension which is all new - with front & rear sway bars - KYB shocks - etc etc. With the 4 wheel disc brakes it stops great.

The heart of the beast is a 472cu. 2nd Gen Hemi built by Former National Record Holder - Lou Vignogna of V&V Machine. Single 1,000cfm single 4 barrel - headers & is pump gas freindly.

Transmission is a Pro-built also by V&V with a shift kit & 3,000 rpm Hughes converter - mini starter & solid engine mounts - not plates.

The Challenger isn't hack, cut or butchered in any way, shape or form. Looks total stock on the inside & outside - even down to the 15" Mopar rallies - Black vinyl roof & factory scooped hood.

I spent nearly 6 years & nearly $90,000 hard earned dollars putting
this Challenger together including the original purchase price - SE cars don't grow on trees.

Right now I have the window shield back out replacing the front radio speakers - but as soon as I get it back in - I'll be posting some photos & a video. Please be patient.

I think a fair price to start is $70,000 & if it doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time - I'll pull the engine & put it in the 69 Dart I'm currently building. I have a stoked 440cu. ( 500cu. ) six pack engine I'll replace it with & then lower the price.

I know times in the good old USA is tough for many of us & many of
us are forced to do things we would normally do & that overseas buyers are taking advantage of this - but I still wanted to offer it
here first before going that route - because as we all know - once it's on Ebay it'll be fair game to all.

Good luck to all you great Americans Mopar Motorheads & may we
all weather this economic storm.

Any interested parties please feel free to shot me a PM & to all have a great outstanding day. Thanks for looking - Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back