• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda power brakes are too sensitive

gary

Reaction score
I just finish putting my 1970 AAR Cuda together. The car was not complete when I purchase it. It had the brake and clutch pedals with the main bracket. I picked up a used brake booster, reman master cylinder, used swivel assembly, used brake switch valve, metering valve, and proportioning valve. If you push a little too hard, the brakes will lock up. Causing the tires to squeal.

beepahh

Reaction score
check the valve.........there are diffferent ones.....

gary

Reaction score
sensitive brakes

Beepahh, The three valves I put on my 1970 Cuda are the same looking as the ones on my 1970 Challenger with factory power disc brakes. Could you tell me more about the valves. Gary

cudajoe13

Reaction score
I remember my first '70 cuda ( in '74 ) had the touchyish brakes, but I got used to them & appreciated them at times. But everybody that drove it, locked them up the first time on the brakes. I might have wanted to know about those valves back then.
Good luck.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If the master cylinder is for manual disc brakes, it will be real 'touchy' when run with a brake booster.

rnb69

Reaction score
Many years ago I swapped the brake booster from my wrecked 'cuda, to my non power, drum brake barracuda. I didn't pay good attention to the proportioning valves & may have gotten them mixed up. The wrecked car was power disc brake. I didn't swap the drums to discs. Very touchy to say the least. As Cudajoe13 said, I got used to them & really like them this way. Only problem I've had with it, if i don't pay attention to the brake adjustment, it may pull really hard, as in take the steering wheel outta hands, if i hit the brakes real hard. Needless to say, I'm not one to slam on the brakes at the end of the track when bracket racing. Good luck with the car.

Back