• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda Pumps and brackets

thestuntboy

Reaction score
In another thread I just started putting my 70 Cuda W/72 340 back together (Thus it begins) I am working on reattaching the front bracketry and alternator/power steering when I noticed the power steering pump and main bracket did not look right. I had not noticed this before (which isn't saying much) but since I have used this setup on this engine previously and then the 318 I just pulled without removing this bracket from the pump I am assuming it has always been this way before me. Being slightly anal did not like it and looked for a solution. I found another SBC bracket that looked like it might index some to clear the housing only to find out the middle mount hole is misaligned so no good. I wanted to buy a new Saginaw pump any ways but every store/source says they do not fit (Yes I know better) I don't want to buy any pump and not have it work with the bracket. Does anyone have a good part # for the Saginaw that will fit? As a side note my wifes 72 Satellite 318 has the Saginaw setup but I haven't had a chance yet to compare brackets to see if they are the same.

power oump bracket 1.jpg

bracket compare.jpg

Power steering bracket new.jpg

Book pump view.jpg

book pump info.jpg

Satettelite pump.jpg

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Ok I thought the purists at least would be flaming me by now for something but no. I have ordered the pump for the 72 Satellite and if it works great, if not then no loss. I know the "A" reservoir fits the saginaw's but doesn't work with my bracket so hopefully the Banjo style from 72 will work. More to follow.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
should be the same system on both , I thought I answered this before , guess not .

thestuntboy

Reaction score
should be the same system on both , I thought I answered this before , guess not .
If I missed it I am sorry. Sometimes my search parameters need work for not being general enough or so many hits I miss it. Thank you for replying.

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Well the new pump arrived with the "A" reservoir which does not fit the mount bracket without hitting it and misaligning. With some creative shimming I have seemed to have aligned the pump up with the crank pulley , I wont know for sure until I can run the engine. Only the "Banjo" reservoir will fit without hitting anything.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Yes there is 2 different brackets sets for the sag pump. Also bb and Sb pumps are clocked differently from factory. So u cab have 4 combinations. Yes I have all types. Kim

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Yes there is 2 different brackets sets for the sag pump. Also bb and Sb pumps are clocked differently from factory. So u cab have 4 combinations. Yes I have all types. Kim
I only have seen one style for small block and only with "Banjo" style reservoir not "A" reservoir, do you have pics of both styles? That would explain a few things and Thank you.

Back