• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 E body wiper motor acting up

72*birdman

Reaction score
I recently had to have a new windshield put in my 70 Cuda. (Thank you very much you over size tired rock throwing Toyota pos SUV) Yesterday coming home from a car show I get caught in a shower and turn the wipers on. The drivers side almost immediatly comes off the pivot mount for the small second arm so its running side ways. The arc is also way to the drivers side so I know they won't park right but when I go to turn them off instead of tring to park at all, they go into warp speed. So I had to turn them back on with the drivers running sideways to slow them back down till I could get pulled over to stop and turn the car clear off but the only way they would quit was if I turned the switch off sending them to the fast setting then turned the car off. No park they would stop where ever they happen to be. I fix the drivers side second arm the small clip must of been beyond the windshield installers understanding, but I didn't have tools to pull the wiper arms and try to get them positioned correctly. When I get home I pull off the shaker stuff and I'm hoping its just a loose ground so i try to tighten the 3 mounting nuts but they where good. I check the screws on the copper looking what I think are ground straps and one was a little loose and pull the wiper arms to test. Same thing one speed, two speed, variable all good but turning off it still goes into second speed not park mode. Am I looking at a wiper motor issue, a ground issue, or a wiper switch issue? Second question coincidence it happen after the windshield install or them possibly pulling the wipers to the park position the cause? Any help would be appreciated. I have another wiper motor and switch but I'd rather have an idea which one to replace because neithers on my list of stuff I really can do quickly.

Shelbydogg

Reaction score
The 2 wires on top of the motor plate run the park circuit and contacts are open when the cam pushes them apart. Sometime you have to clean the contacts if the motor doesn't park.

Without installing it, plug your spare motor into the bulkhead connector. Ground the case with a jumper cable or spare wire, then try the switch. This will tell you if the switch is sending the 12v on the right wire when in the off (park) position.

Back