• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'71 Barracuda Insulation / Sound Deadener

Claudia

Reaction score
When I first purchased my car it only had a super thin sheet of some sort of heat insulation type material which was just laying on top of the floor and then the carpet was put down directly on top of it.

What is everyone using for insulation / sound deadener in their cars? Any pictures would be beneficial as well as far as where you are placing it.

Adam

Reaction score
When I first purchased my car it only had a super thin sheet of some sort of heat insulation type material which was just laying on top of the floor and then the carpet was put down directly on top of it.

What is everyone using for insulation / sound deadener in their cars? Any pictures would be beneficial as well as far as where you are placing it.

I used a product called E-Dead in my old truck doors and floor. It made a huge difference, so I also used it in my 71 Challenger. It is about 1/2 the cost of Dynamat and others. Available on Amazon; there are some reviews which say the adhesion is not so good. It my case I found it to be excellent, in fact if you put it in the wrong spot it is a ***** to move.. of course you must put it on a clean surface. Also, adhesion would not be a problem under your carpet, I would not use it on the roof. E-dead.jpg

E-dead.jpg

Claudia

Reaction score
Adam - Thank you!

What is everyone else using?

Pacoloco

Reaction score
Peal n seal available at Lowes hardware, 6x25 rolls. $16-20 buck a roll. Used itin my Merc, for floors, doors and firewall, planning on using it on my barracuda once paint is done.

Last edited:

Racer57

Reaction score

I laid Dyna-Mat first on everything then Reflectix. Reflectix is whats used as a heat barrier on pole building roofs. It can be purchased at Home Depot really cheap. Use the aluminum looking tape thats used for Celotex insulation to hold down the Reflectix. The first pic doesn't show it, but I covered everything in first pic, doors and whats shown in second pic with the Reflectix. It made a huge difference. I also took a piece of Reflectix and wrapped the lower steering column with it. After driving your car feel it to see just how hot it is. If the upper steering column is hot (near steering wheel) then the engine compartment side of column is missing the seal. I used a piece of 1" ID heater hose 4" long and put it around steering shaft pushed it between the shaft and column. Then used a hose clamp to clamp down on 1" that I left sticking out.

dyna and reflectix.jpg

dyna1.jpg

Last edited:

Claudia

Reaction score
Thank you all! I really appreciate the input!

Back