• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger in AZ

Steve340

Reaction score
The dimmer switch also has a position that brings on the interior lights.
It is the position you are talking about I think.

Olacmot

Reaction score
The dimmer switch also has a position that brings on the interior lights.
It is the position you are talking about I think.

Thanks. I might make a post in the electrical section regarding this. I can’t stand not being able to fix something, and it’s eating away at me. I may try to file down one of the pieces to make a smoother transition. Don’t want to do that yet if I’m overlooking something though.

Steve340

Reaction score
It does take a bit of "effort" to get the switch in to this position.
The interior lights are ON permanently with the switch in this position - so you would not want it to be to easy and you may not notice the lights ON and flatten the battery.

Olacmot

Reaction score
That makes sense. I’ll leave it as is. Thanks for easing my mind and saving me 100 bucks on a switch!

Olacmot

Reaction score
So, I pulled the dimmer switch apart again to look at it with fresh eyes. When I first put it together i tried to do it with the minimal amount of dielectric grease. I probably didn’t apply enough. I put more under these two tangs that move on the mint green ceramic wheel. I also spread it under the plate those tangs are attached to so it would push grease down under the tangs as it moves. Tangs are indicated with my screwdriver. I also greased the shaft where that plate with the tangs rides, also indicated with my screwdriver.

It is now much easier to get into that CCW position. Posting in case someone else attempts to clean up their dimmer switch. I’ll post results once installed.

IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5055.jpeg

IMG_5056.jpeg

Back