• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda inner fender hinge brace

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Would anyone have, or know where I can get the square braces that support the front hood hinge bolt that are welded to the inner fenders on the outsides? About 6 x 6 with threaded hole. My inner fenders were repaired and I need those braces for the front bolts on hinges. I don't want to nut and bolt it. thanks in advance......

aussiemark

Reaction score
I think it is part of the inner fender, You could fabricate it by making a plate the same shape and tack welding some nuts to it then plug or spot weld it in position.

gf7cuda

Reaction score
I think it is part of the inner fender, You could fabricate it by making a plate the same shape and tack welding some nuts to it then plug or spot weld it in position.
It does appear to be part of inner fender, That might be the option I have to with. I looked aftermarket and nothing available... thanks Aussie!

440WB

Reaction score
Would anyone have, or know where I can get the square braces that support the front hood hinge bolt that are welded to the inner fenders on the outsides? About 6 x 6 with threaded hole. My inner fenders were repaired and I need those braces for the front bolts on hinges. I don't want to nut and bolt it. thanks in advance......

what about using the lower A pillar door hinge backing plate?
isn't it just about the same plate - with 2 tapped holes?

gf7cuda

Reaction score
what about using the lower A pillar door hinge backing plate?
isn't it just about the same plate - with 2 tapped holes?
it is like that one, I looked at a few at a junk yard and they are square. I might be able to cut it out of a junk cuda and clean them up. Is the A pillar backing plate available to buy? or would I have to cut that out of a cuda ? thanks

Back