• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda small block to big block swap

eschroeder1

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 71 Cuda that originally had a 318/ 3-speed manual tranny. Its a base Cuda with all the standard gear that came with the car in 71. Looking at building it into a 440-6pack 4 speed tribute car. I already have a 71 date coded 440 and an OEM 6 pack intake, carbs and air cleaner set up that the guy who I'm thinking of buying it from says goes with the car. Can anyone validate or correct the assumptions I'm making in order to do this right.

1) I would need a big block K member

2) Front power disk brake set up.

3) Dana rear end

4) body torque boxes

5) Rallye gauge cluster with bezels and dash with harness

6) Front fenders with gills

7) Rear lower valence with exhaust cut outs

8) Chrome exhaust tips

9) console with pistol grip shifter

10) Rallye wheels, small bolt pattern

Anything else anyone can think of?

Eric

moparleo

Reaction score
440-6 cars didn't necessarily come with the options you have listed. Is this just your wish list ? The wheels would have the large bolt pattern. The 318 k member will work with the 440.

eschroeder1

Reaction score
Continution to chase a fish

440-6 cars didn't necessarily come with the options you have listed. Is this just your wish list ? The wheels would have the large bolt pattern. The 318 k member will work with the 440.

Ok thanks....so what would be the standard set of options that came on a 71 Cuda 440-6 with manual trans back in the day? Anyone?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Front sway bar. Heavy duty suspension. 6 pack or hemi torsion bars. Dana rear. Dual scoop hood. Power front disc brakes. Front fender gilles. Rallye instrument cluster. Chrome exhaust tips with cut out rear valance. Bucket seats. Torque boxes. You can find all the options in the library on this site under 71 Cuda.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/

Gribb

Reaction score
You can buy just the gills for the standard fender as well. They come with a template to cut out and weld back in. its fairly easy.

Back