• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Deputy interior color issues, 288K original miles 2 owner car

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Restoring my first Challenger for a client.

I can't get a good paint code for the interior plastics from my Dupont people nor my PPG people...

Do any of you have or know of what company has a good interior paint to match this original "green with a sheen" as seen in my 71 Deputy console?

And am I to assume that the original door panels were non "sheen'ish" god I hate my nomenclature but there is a metallic in the vinyl and visors, and in the original console, but NOT in the door panels or in the rear quarter plastics...

So am I correctly assuming the plastic panels, including the green vinyl grained interior glass trim is regular dark green, but the seat vinyl and the console vinyl is of the metallic style of dark green, (I'm thinking a yellow like gold reflection in the green console and vinyl of the visors), noticeable on both the sun faded portions and the portions that never got sun. The door panel plastics even under the trim plates shows nothing of the "Sheen".

Resized_20180811_152132_6854.jpeg
Thanks for any advice!

P.S. My steering column and wheel are
100_3176.JPG
Resized_20180707_184350_7933.jpeg
black...

Oh almost forgot---- 71 Challenger deputy, factory AC, 4 wheel manual drum, 318 2V Vin matching, auto trans, Vin matching, AM radio, bucket seat Console car.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I'll call first thing monday.

Meanwhile, are there anyone else seeing this in my same position? Confuse if there'e a plain color then a metallic color for the interior and anyone whom truly knows which parts are plain and which are metallic? I'm almost to the end of an Every Nut and Bolt restoration on the Buckboard as we call her, and I don't want the slightest error, this is a 99.7% concourse restoration style job.

Regards,

Classy K

Back