• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Challenger Rear Seat Metal Tag Question

Sparkey

Reaction score
I just pulled out my rear seats looking for the build sheet for my car. I didn't find that but attached to the back of the seat back I did find a metal tag wired to the seat spring.
The tag measures about 7/8" high X 3 15/16" wide. The upper line says: 3689202 D
The lower line says: LSIM 13685 0454
The 1 is actually stamped upside down.

Is there any special meaning for this tag?

DSC03860.JPG

DSC03859.JPG

blubyou340

Reaction score
I just pulled out my rear seats looking for the build sheet for my car. I didn't find that but attached to the back of the seat back I did find a metal tag wired to the seat spring.
The tag measures about 7/8" high X 3 15/16" wide. The upper line says: 3689202 D
The lower line says: LSIM 13685 0454
The 1 is actually stamped upside down.

Is there any special meaning for this tag?

View attachment 112175

View attachment 112177
I wondered the same thing on my seats all i could think is that in production at the plant must have predicted what car the seats was made for and maybe the seats where made elsewhere and had to be directed and shipped to the correct car plant and line the cars were built on ? Maybe it was for the line workers because cuda and challenger rear seats are very similar and challenger and dart front seats are almost identical except the tracts .huh! Very good question mabe ask galien grovier not sure id like to know also

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Taking a guess, A number might be for the frame an other for padding and covering. As they were probably manufactured else were. And the part number was corresponding to the car line.

Xcudame

Reaction score
My guess:

The 3689292 looks like a chrysler part number. I'm guessing the 0454 means it was the 454th seat manufactured that day. 13685 could be some kind of date code. I know in the Los Angeles plant all individual parts where shipped there. Nothing was fabricated in plant like some of the other factories.

Sparkey

Reaction score
I was thinking that it probably didn't have a big significance as far as the build of my car. I was hoping to find the build sheet.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
The seat tag is all about the interior color codes, and when the seat was built. That’s all your information and getting that. Your bill sheet should be between the burlap and the springs underneath the rear seat. But shouldn’t not be. I’ve seen them underneath the rear carpet and I’ve seen them underneath the front seat carpet and I’ve seen them underneath one of the front two seats between the burlap and the springs. So that should be where you concentrate.

Back