• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 cuda new hood

hdwrench

Reaction score
i am in need to replace my hood . been watching local and nothing used has been available that’s in decent shape . i just received a classic auto cat(224a) and there offering a twin bulge hood for 574 plus truck shipping. anybody have any feedback on these hoods . it’s not “ restorers chioce “ , are they a good quality item ?

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
i am in need to replace my hood . been watching local and nothing used has been available that’s in decent shape . i just received a classic auto cat(224a) and there offering a twin bulge hood for 574 plus truck shipping. anybody have any feedback on these hoods . it’s not “ restorers chioce “ , are they a good quality item ?
That's a nice catalog too! Oh, the possibilities...

tonysrt

Reaction score
On a 71 Cuda I used a shaker hood from AMD and bought it from Stephens at Carlisle. It fit really nice, but not sure if the weight is the same. I used the springs from the fiberglass hood because it took too much pressure to close it with the original hood springs. I was afraid it would bend the hood at the hinge.

hdwrench

Reaction score
On a 71 Cuda I used a shaker hood from AMD and bought it from Stephens at Carlisle. It fit really nice, but not sure if the weight is the same. I used the springs from the fiberglass hood because it took too much pressure to close it with the original hood springs. I was afraid it would bend the hood at the hinge.
unfortunately that’s all ( shaker style) amd is showing available at this time . not sure they are getting flat or rally hoods in . i would be fairly confident pulling trigger on amd hood the other mfg’s i wonder about ….

tonysrt

Reaction score
The other thing to watch is they only had the shaker with cut out for hood pins. Fortunately my car was original to hood pins so not a problem.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I have an original 71 Raisin Bran (two scoops) hood with hood pin holes if you are interested? I swapped to a Shaker.

Back