• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 74 Rallye Challenger 360 4-Speed FE5 Red Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
IMG_6848_zps4e2ea264.jpg

Asking $12,000 Clean/clear NC title

Time to sell and start the next one...

1974 Challenger, REAL A57 Rallye car. Matching 360, power disc brakes. Was an auto, got converted to a 4-speed two owners ago, so I do not have the original trans. 14" Rallyes up front, 15s in the back. Could use new tires. Fires up and runs/drives great.

NOT a show car! Paint job is a 20-footer at best. Has had lower quarters installed back in the day and work was not so good. There's obvious filler, paint chips, etc.

NEW parts include: Edelbrock carb, gas tank, sending unit, seat covers, carpet.

Has MSD ignition with a Mallory distributor. Headers and some sort of Flowmaster type mufflers, factory tips out back. Sounds good with no drone.

All lights and flashers work properly. Wipers work, but don't park properly. May just be a bad ground. Heater blower works.

Speedo, Gas and Amp gauges work, Tach will work with an adapter from MSD. Factory oil and temp are disconnected. Aftermarket gauges under dash.

Dash pad has a few small cracks, but none in the usual speaker areas. Needs a headliner. I treated the ceiling with Ospho, which is why it's a weird color. Trans leaks oil, somewhere in the front.

Body has aforementioned issues, but is 98% covered in paint, so it's not totally embarrassing. Floors are really nice, except for the driver's side patch, which is solid, just not too pretty. Driver's side seat belt anchor has also been replaced (welded in) with one from a donor car. Frame rails are rock solid. Trunk floor is ok, with a few rotty areas. If I was going to get crazy with a resto, I'd patch the center and replace the extensions. There's some surface rust on the underside of the hood and the hood hinge mount areas have the typical puffiness.

I drive the car quite a bit locally and always get thumbs-up and positive comments. Drove it to Charlotte and back last week with no issues. (160 mile round trip) Great driver quality cruiser. Enjoy it now and restore it later. How many matching # 360 cars have YOU seen?

Pics here: http://s449.photobucket.com/user/quapman/library/For Sale/74 Rallye Challenger 360?sort=2&page=1

Please PM or ask questions here. :)

The car and I are in Ramseur, NC, right in the middle of the state.

Thanks

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops! Sorry, I obviously didn't read the rules thoroughly. Will gladly respond to PMs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back