• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A 1973 Cuda Vin issues ???

mrtillie

Reaction score
I bought a 73 Cuda race car with a Minnesota title. Crossed the border into Canada with no issues. Having the car home for a few weeks i was web surfing and on the MYMOPAR site i tried to run the vin to see what information it would provide me with. To my surprise it told me i was entering one to many numbers as a 73 has only 13# ????? Checking the title again and sure enough it has 14#. The dash vin is long gone so is there any other way of finding out where the mistake in the vin # was made?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
See if it has numbers on the body to compare to the title.

Number location.jpg

mopar410

Reaction score
First number should be a "B" the last 6 should be your car number.It should be something like BS23H3B000000.where is the extra number?

mrtillie

Reaction score
First number should be a "B" the last 6 should be your car number.It should be something like BS23H3B000000.where is the extra number?

Thanks for the help.
I went out to where i have the car in storage and checked under the hood. Found it still has the fender tag on it as well as the rad support #s.
The issue with the vin # looks like someone used a 13 where the second B should have been. Rad support # matches that of the fender tag as well. Called my insurance company and had them make the changes so i have no issues if i have a claim.

I now wonder what the border patrol were looking at when they cleared my Cuda to cross the border. :)

Last edited:
Back