• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Air cleaner clearance

Matt68

Reaction score
My rebuilt 360 is in the engine bay, and the rebuilt Thermoquad is on. Aftermarket intake manifold but it’s not really that tall. Issue is the hood needs about another inch to close completely, with either the Mopar Performance black air cleaner or the stock Chrysler air cleaner. Suggestions for a really low rise cleaner?

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Mancini Racing sells a drop base for the Mopar performance air cleaner.

IMG_5888.png

IMG_5886.png

blubyou340

Reaction score
My rebuilt 360 is in the engine bay, and the rebuilt Thermoquad is on. Aftermarket intake manifold but it’s not really that tall. Issue is the hood needs about another inch to close completely, with either the Mopar Performance black air cleaner or the stock Chrysler air cleaner. Suggestions for a really low rise cleaner?
Do you have extended engine mounts? I have a stock 71 340 stock intake. I put a new edelbrock avs 2 on it and the hold down screw hit my hood and dented outward. I was pissed. Also i had a 1/2 " aluminum ring. On the carb. And made my air cleaner hit in a few spots. Chipped hood and air cleaner so if its all stock something happened either manifold is taller theres a spacer or engine sets higher if it dont change i would get an aftermarket

Matt68

Reaction score
Do you have extended engine mounts? I have a stock 71 340 stock intake. I put a new edelbrock avs 2 on it and the hold down screw hit my hood and dented outward. I was pissed. Also i had a 1/2 " aluminum ring. On the carb. And made my air cleaner hit in a few spots. Chipped hood and air cleaner so if its all stock something happened either manifold is taller theres a spacer or engine sets higher if it dont change i would get an aftermarket
Yeah, it’s the manifold. I bought a drop base and all is good now!

Back