• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Amazing Inspiring restoration video

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm blown away. What an amazing style of film making for a restoration.
The film work is great! The film is like art work in the making!
Very inspiring.
Really drives home how easy things are when you take them one small piece at a time.

The video is 1 1/2 hours long. I figured I could just glance at 5 minutes of it and ended up watched every last bit. Then I watched more videos of the same guy.

And a little about how he does it.

I posted this over on ebodies.org also.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Ok so I got the main youtube page for soup classic page.

So go to the main soup classic and click the "how I saved a classic range rover and saved it from the junk yard.

I can't seem to figure out how to post that one video.

budascuda

Reaction score
They could make great instructional videos!

budascuda

Reaction score
And processing each picture too! Its a kind of video that guys who like restoration projects would be gratified to watch.
To some degree, you can be almost assured your car was treated with care😅
Btw, pretty interesting looking chassis on that Lotus.

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. That lotus is very interesting with that center lined chassis. Very different. Well, at least from what I usually look at. Not very familiar with super cars or foreign race cars.

I wish there was a video like this out there that was on a Mopar. Cuda specifically but it would be cool to see on any mopar.

budascuda

Reaction score
I consider e-bodies, super cars!
Multy million dollar " Foreign Prospects" are ok, I guess, but i wouldn't be able to keep up with the pretentious life style😉😁
The Cuda that sold for 3.5 Million at B.J. , should have had someone outside the restoration crew, make a movie like this, its a good selling point at the very least.

70chall440

Reaction score
I am not seeing any video or link to any video.

Takes more than price/value to make it a super car. Super expensive, sure but not a super car in stock form.

70chall440

Reaction score
I will say this, that guy is committed not only to the restoration/building process but the video development. It has to take 4 times as long to get anything done having to think about and take 20 pictures just to show one effort.

70chall440

Reaction score
I have watched most of that video and I agree that the video itself is cool however all I could keep thinking is that this guy must love this Range Rover bc it is hammered, surely there has to be a better one available. Also, the manner at which this guy works is interesting, it must be a Brit thing (the guys on Wheeler Dealers do the same thing) which is work around all of the components only to take them off/apart later, kind of ass backwards. He is using flux core wire which obviously works but the clean up sucks. His pattern making is excellent however.

Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on this guy at all, I am pretty impressed with him but I just think he made more work for himself in the way he did it. Like he paints the entire rear end housing, then cleans the gasket surface. I would have disassembled the entire housing completely, then cleaned all of it before painting or coating it, if necessary masked off the gasket area (I would have made a cardboard mask).

budascuda

Reaction score
He is doing things "ass backwards" because he is "Playing" restoration and not "Doing" restoration.
That's what playing is all about! everybody knows that.

As Cartman (South Park)says; "what evva, what evva, I do what i want"

budascuda

Reaction score
Hehehe.... Flux core!!!!! Thats filthy!!!!
But what the hay, in some rural areas, its hard to get shielding gas.

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I totally agree with the ass backwards statement.
Also agree with the other statements. Playing restoration can be fun.

I wish there was a video of an ebody like this. Done the way we restore cars here in the states. I have not found one yet. Not even on a chevy.

I'm glad someone else at least watched it. Well worth the time it took.

Back