• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Another "no coil spark" thread with a twist

Titan1969

Reaction score
I have solved my '73 Cuda no spark on start issue, however how I solved it remains a mystery to me.

I relocated the battery to the trunk, I have done this many times on other Mopars no issues.
I installed relocate kit ran wires, grounded engine to subframe and battery to rear rear frame rails.

Fired up the car all is well, then the positive cable fell off battery I just had it resting on the post, car died and positive lead never touched any part of the car.
No biggie right? ummmm sorta.

I put cable back on and tightened down and attempted to start the car, and it cranked but would not fire.
Hmmm so the investigation began, coil had 7volts on "run" but 0 volts on crank.

So I jumped from the starter relay battery post to coil+ and car fired right up.

i checked ballast connections, bulkhead connections and wiring associated with ignition, did not find anything wrong.

Im like $%^&....then while testing more connections and voltages I turned on the ignition and it fired right up????
so now Im like...great is it going to die on the road somewhere, so I started yanking wires, pushing on associated parts trying to make it die and all is well.

I refired it like 10 times no issues

So for entertainment purposes let me know your thoughts...maybe its a Ford Chevy conspiracy. :)

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Cranking voltage is through the brown wire on the ign switch , so you checked the connections at the bottom of the column & the bulkhead , doubtful it will die but it may not start again after shutting it off somewhere .

Back