• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anybody ever try mounting a rear challenger T/A spoiler on a Barracuda?

moparlifer

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 1970 barracuda that was customized many years ago with a rear duck-tail spoiler. The spoiler is smooth on the back side like the T/ A challenger spoiler. It does not have the 4 or so protruding mounting bosses on the back like the AAR 'Cuda rear spoiler. Long story short I'm trying to find another one to replace the existing one that is damaged beyond repair. has anyone every tried to mount the challenger T/A spoiler on a Barracuda? and if so how did it fit? where were the big gaps or interferences? are they the same dimensional as far as overall width?
It looks the like challenger T/A style flush rear surface will look the same as my existing flush back spoiler but I'm looking for anyone with a T/A spoiler and a Barracuda laying around they could lay the T/A spoiler on and take a picture and provide fitment comments.
Any one know if the T/A spoiler will work on the Barracudas?
The attached Picture is the T/A spoiler I want to use if it will fit my 'Cuda
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Ad photo with edits showing smooth rear.PNG

moparleo

Reaction score
The deck lid on a Barracuda is smooth across the top and almost flat at the rear.
The Challenger has a rib running right down the middle and the decklid drops off a lot at the rear.
So the area where the Spoiler would mount will be at completely different angles. The cuda would be straight up at the rear and the Challenger would be leaning back at the rear.
Just look at a picture of the rear of each car.

moparlifer

Reaction score
The deck lid on a Barracuda is smooth across the top and almost flat at the rear.
The Challenger has a rib running right down the middle and the decklid drops off a lot at the rear.
So the area where the Spoiler would mount will be at completely different angles. The cuda would be straight up at the rear and the Challenger would be leaning back at the rear.

Just look at a picture of the rear of each car.
Thanks! That's good to know. I apprciate your response!

Back