• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

body gaskets seals

RYO5566

Reaction score
hello! I purchased a body gasket at the summit, but there are unknown seals and gaskets. Where are the gaskets and seals shown in this photo used? thank you for reading it until the very end!

20220719_145944.jpg

20220719_150035.jpg

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
hello! I purchased a body gasket at the summit, but there are unknown seals and gaskets. Where are the gaskets and seals shown in this photo used? thank you for reading it until the very end!

View attachment 95780

View attachment 95781
The two small black gaskets look like the gaskets for fender-mounted turn signals in the A01 Light Package option.
The four white foam gaskets look like the heater box stud to firewall seals or maybe the windshield wiper post seals.

Last edited:

Ronbo73

Reaction score
I think the 4 white round gaskets are for the window crank handles or like MoparCarGuy said the heater box stud gaskets.

The two rolls, I believe, are the seals for the stainless window weather strip molding. The seal is sandwiched between the stainless weather strip molding and the roof/A&C pillars(windshield, roof and quarter windows). If you remove the window weather strip you will see a bunch of Philips head screws holding the stainless molding to the roof/A&C pillars. Remove all the screws and then the stainless molding. You will see that there is a seal between the two that would resemble the two rolls that you have.

heminut

Reaction score
The two rolls, I believe, are the seals for the stainless window weather strip molding. The seal is sandwiched between the stainless weather strip molding and the roof/A&C pillars(windshield, roof and quarter windows). If you remove the window weather strip you will see a bunch of Philips head screws holding the stainless molding to the roof/A&C pillars. Remove all the screws and then the stainless molding. You will see that there is a seal between the two that would resemble the two rolls that you have.
You are correct. I painted my Cuda last year and that is exactly what those rolls of weatherstripping are for.

RYO5566

Reaction score
I think the 4 white round gaskets are for the window crank handles or like MoparCarGuy said the heater box stud gaskets.

Thank you for your polite answer! I have removed the heater core box, so I can't confirm it, but I'll try to match it when I buy it. The roll-shaped sticker is a stainless steel sticker! Double-sided tape was attached when I removed it this time, but it is a sponge sticker if it is regular. I will try to match it immediately! Thank you!

Steve340

Reaction score
Have a look at site sponsor Detroit Muscle Technologies. His stuff is really good.
Their website has info on locations used for their gaskets.

heminut

Reaction score
Have a look at site sponsor Detroit Muscle Technologies. His stuff is really good.
Their website has info on locations used for their gaskets.
That's where I sourced all of my body gaskets this time. I agree, they have quality stuff!

Steve340

Reaction score
I think those round white seals could possibly be for the rear bumper fasteners - been a while??

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
Heater box/blower motor is one big gasket with a hole in the center for the motor and three small holes for the studs

Back