• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Body man almost done

oldmancuda

Reaction score
try again

53E3B842-AE1A-4B15-86C8-73D29818E5CF.jpeg

oldmancuda

Reaction score
no not to slow The car as now been painted I will show pictures. BUT not happy the colour is way off , what I had agreed on IN this photo you can see the PPG colour in the door jams . But when I first seen the car finish in the oven . I was in shock full stop .So now the body shop are going to re - paint the car in what I had ask for in the first place PPG .I DONOT know what went wrong But it looks like **** .u be the judge.

3AD4261B-8FC4-4436-A47A-BA6B9CAC2FFA.jpeg

oldmancuda

Reaction score
the colour is to yellowish .so it’s going to be redone Some were else now just got part payment back and came to agreement at first the shop was going to redo it .But that has now changed AS I have been thinking about it and cannot trust them any more thanks for looking

BA5BED01-6306-44DC-A6B9-FB6165DF92A7.jpeg

oldmancuda

Reaction score
so this is how my car sits now waiting in line to be repainted again cost so far $9k but I have gotten back $3k and that looks like the end result.

moparlee

Reaction score
You made the right choice in going to a different shop. That original color was way off, but now it looks great.

oldmancuda

Reaction score
hi moparlee the photo when you can see the difference in the door jam is the colour I want .the out side paint is wrong way off. So at this stage it needs to be locked back and redone all over again

Rapidfire

Reaction score
That looks like Flush mounted glass you have on there. Is it? If so, who did it for you?
Kinda looks like flush mounted glass but if you look close it still has the trim clips and the usual gap around the glass for the trim. There is only one place that I found that might make the custom flush mounted glass. Probably not cheap either.

Joseph Adamek

Reaction score
Kinda looks like flush mounted glass but if you look close it still has the trim clips and the usual gap around the glass for the trim. There is only one place that I found that might make the custom flush mounted glass. Probably not cheap either.
Yeah, they're in AZ. Spoke to them. They are not cheap but they also have nothing for Mopar's. Oh they'll help me out if I send the car to them, but I'm on the Eastcoast. Thanks

cuda joe

Reaction score
yes the color looks off sometimes the paint supplier makes a bad batch because they were in a hurry and added to much of one tint it happens. if it;s still at the first shop wet block the car and cheak the new paint before respraying. autobody is stressfull just ask the shop owner he just lost 3 thousand dollars because of someone else;s mistake

BSG

Reaction score
I run one. we won't even work on your car if its older than 15 years old. Its absolutely my passion but its just not a good business model trying to pry 10's of thousands out of a customers hand. If you can find a good shop even willing to work on older cars out here your doing well. on the rare occasion i take a buddies or repeat customers car in especially a paint complete. the customer will have to sign a spray out panel before any product hits the car.

Back