• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bolts or studs

KennyCuda

Reaction score
wanna see what you guys think. should I use bolts or studs to hold the valve covers down? The studs are easier as far as the gasket lining up and locking it down but the bolts are original. Does it really take away that much from the car to use the studs? I know its personal choice just want other opinions and experiences.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
wanna see what you guys think. should I use bolts or studs to hold the valve covers down? The studs are easier as far as the gasket lining up and locking it down but the bolts are original. Does it really take away that much from the car to use the studs? I know its personal choice just want other opinions and experiences.
You can use either, but studs are preferred when using aluminum heads. Taking the valve covers off and on several times you can have issues with the threads in the heads.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Highly recommend using studs. My example below is Indy 440EZ heads with stock valve covers and Moroso blue 93055 gaskets.
Just drop them on the studs and install the valve covers.
Our Terminator X (3).jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Thanks Looks good. No im not using aluminum valve covers

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Thanks for all you help I did the suds today went on nice and easy.

F4A9ACC0-0CA3-46DF-A6A4-6F1CD0F43422.jpeg

Back