• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Brake lights

Dave72

Reaction score
I own a 1972 Challenger and I'm having brake light issues. (Behind the brake pedal) I take the switch apart, clean, start the car, brake lights, drive down the road, no brake lights. Replace switch, start the car, brake lights, drive down the road, no brake lights. I think its a ground issue but cannot find a ground anywhere and at this point not even sure if I'm looking in the right place. Any suggestions?

ramenth

Reaction score
Wiring issues. Gotta love 'em.

You're best bet is to spend the dough for an FSM or track down an old Chilton's that has the wiring diagram in it. Get a DMM and start tracing wires.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
simple circuit , powr to the light switch , from there up the column to the turn signal switch back out the harness to the column plug to the brake lights , so you have to get the system to quit then test for power , into he the switch , to the column plug , out to the brake lights , check the connector behind the kick panel & check for power at the lights , if there is power at the lights you have a ground issue to the body

Back