• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cheap enough

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rare car but it needs EVERYTHING!
Up to $18.3k on ebay. Unbelievable!
Better have a good friend at AMD

The header frame repair would have to be fabricated.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for posting.

Dino2 (1).gif

budascuda

Reaction score
If you replace all the sheetmetal then what you really paid 18 k for is a bill of sale!

Last edited:

Rich G.

Reaction score
You better have a donor car for all the missing parts that are extremely hard to find and be able to do the work yourself . Even then you’ll probably have more into it then it’s worth. I’m guessing this was picked apart in a junk yard when these cars were worth nothing. It can be brought back to life though.

budascuda

Reaction score
"brought back to life"
That's funny, right after Easter too !

AUSTA

Reaction score
18.3K is that whats left in Kilos
May be the matching no block beside the car

aussiemark

Reaction score
People are discussing this car on another site and some things mentioned were the orange tail panel, the 3 holes for the Barracuda emblem in the tail panel and so on. The vibe is that it is a 1970 Barracuda hardtop that has been messed around with. I am no a 71 Cuda fan I prefer the 70 so all I am seeing is $30 scrap metal and possibly a usable 340 block.

AUSTA

Reaction score
People are discussing this car on another site and some things mentioned were the orange tail panel, the 3 holes for the Barracuda emblem in the tail panel and so on. The vibe is that it is a 1970 Barracuda hardtop that has been messed around with. I am no a 71 Cuda fan I prefer the 70 so all I am seeing is $30 scrap metal and possibly a usable 340 block.
Check out his feedback & items he has sold quite interesting.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Austa
Interesting point
He has sold a fender plate and build sheet for a TA Challenger along with other car docs at times. Carefully worded ad; “buy the tag for your man cave”

Check out his feedback & items he has sold quite interesting.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Amd makes all the metal to fix it? what about the rear quarters, windscreen frame and door shells good luck finding them and that engine block looks like it is bored out .060" judging by the distance between the bore centres also no main caps.

budascuda

Reaction score
The whole point behind selling this car is a rebody on a 318 or 6 cyl. car.

You mean the papers and the sheetmetal sections that the vin is stamped on is worth 18k to somebody?
I would have thought when you are paying 100k(or more) for a restored 71 cuda vert, you would definitely have an expert check the vin locations thoroughly, inside and out! I guess some people can make it hard to detect.
Plus... imo, If you put the 18k toward swapping the engine in a 318 cuda with ,let's say, a hemi and sold the original 318 car as a "tribute" hemi cuda, i think you fair better than doing a rebody to a fake 340 cuda.

At any rate.... I could never go to sleep again if I ever cutup a 71 cuda vert (even one as badly rusted)for two small pieces of sheetmetal that I was going to fornicate with in order to cheat another person, it would be "dodgy" to say the least!

Back