• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Chrome Hood / fender trim

etoyman

Reaction score
Hello fellas
I am going to install a T/A style hood on my '70 chall
If I understand correctly the trim on this stlye hood is
unique to the year / style
I did find it available at Year one , Classic and Layson's but I can't seem to
find the corresponding trim for the fenders
any help appraciated
etoyman

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If you are refering to the front fenders, the T/A uses the same headlight bezels as any 70 Challenger.

etoyman

Reaction score
If you are refering to the front fenders, the T/A uses the same headlight bezels as any 70 Challenger.
Thanks
I was having a "sometimer's" moment
found my original bezels and fender chrome is part of the bezel
But is the hood chrome different on the T/A hoods compared to a std unit?
etoyman

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I haven't had a T/A in a long time. If I remember correctly the moulding shape is the same but it mounts differently. Maybe it mounted underneath like the '71 moulding I have.

Moparparts

Reaction score
I have asked Barry (T/A registry) that question years ago about the T/A hood trim because yes it has a different part number in the Chrysler parts book than a regular 70 Challenger but he was not sure at that time, thought maybe it was just because it does take different fasteners for the fiberglass hood. Maybe someone now knows for sure if there is a difference on the trim and can chime in. I have what sure appears to be a correct one on my bought restored T/A and BTY i do have another very nice original which matches mine on my T/A and it is for sale so PM me if your interested

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I believe the moulding is the same. The hardware is different. I will see if I can find out more. I have both here. I'll have to dig them out.

Back