• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clutch Pedal Return Spring Noise

sir_veza

Reaction score
Started to hear a clicking/spring noise from around the clutch pedal return spring when pressing down the clutch pedal. Looked for any obvious lube points but can't seem to get it right. Anybody else have this issue?
Thanks!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Had a problem with clutch peddle staying on floor.made a little noise if I remember.what I found is the pin and craddle had wear. Resolve problem by spinning pin around and a light touch of greased on every thing that moved. the craddle I did nothing. If I latter have a problem.more then likely I will replace the pin and see if I can tack washer to the inside or the outside of the craddle. Use a floor jack to install washers to desired length to reinstall. If you look close at the 4 picture you can see craddle stamp on it. Hope this helps.

20190329_001.jpg

20190329_002.jpg

20191007_195614.jpg

20190329_173453.jpg

Last edited:

sir_veza

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Based on the vibration along the clutch rod it seems the issue is where the clutch rod meets the return spring. I've lubed it with lithium grease. Still hearing some noise but It's a little better.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
At first I tried to lube what was accessible. hope it works for you. Ended up taking every thing apart,from the clutch fork and bearing to craddle. cleaned and lubed. keep in mid how old these cars are. something like this might have to be done every 50 years.

Back