• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clutch Z-bar Grease?

1973cuda

Reaction score
Hi I am working on a 1973 cuda 3 speed floor shifter and was greasing the front end. I was looking for a grease fitting on the clutch z bar shaft and found none. Can anyone tell me if there should be one and how often this should be greased. I rebuilt this many years ago and did not remember if it was there thks

moparlee

Reaction score
There are no grease zerks. You will need to remove it to grease the ball studs and the plastic bushings.

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi, as I reassembled my clutch linkage I noticed the same problem. So before my final assembly I drilled a #40 size hole right at the plastic bearing location and that would allow me to apply grease to those locations with a flush grease fitting.

Lincoln Lubrication 5803 Grease Needle Nozzle. Look it up on google​

Lincoln Lubrication 5803 Grease Needle Nozzle

Now this may not be for everyone and this is not accurate to the car build but it’s simple and if you tell no one, how will give a rats *****. This is just my spin.

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
I used a product called Slip Plate #2 on all my clutch linkage contact points, including the bushings, ball studs, metal fork ball on the pushrod (truck part, far superior to the OE rubber trash), the fork pivot, and the ends of the fork that contact the throwout bearing. Smoothest mechanical clutch I've ever had. It rivals the hydraulic in my Dakota.

It's essentially a heavy graphite paint. It's expensive and it's fargin' messy.

Back