• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cold Bond Sheet Metal to Sheet Metal?

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Update. Getting ready to install the us car tool inner support brackets. Hope this eliminates my fenders from shaking over bumps.

IMG_7167.JPG

DrEamer

Reaction score
Update. Getting ready to install the us car tool inner support brackets. Hope this eliminates my fenders from shaking over bumps.

View attachment 52459

I hope your braces fit better then mine, the right side might be savable, but the left side is short. If I hold it up against the shock tower there is a good 1/2 inch gap. If I hold it against the firewall, nothing lines up there. I have an email in to them, and will call them in the morning.

DSC00475A.jpg

DSC00476A.jpg

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Thanks man for the Intel. I'm actually now hauling the Cuda down to us car tools shop in NC. A mere nine hour drive, 300 bucks and six hours to do they say. Welding them in for good. Heck while I'm there I'm having them install the torque boxes and radiator core support. A good road trip.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Finally got to this - front fender liner - and the body shop sent me a photo of their progress. I like it and can't wait to get this done to my Challenger!
20180930_122401.jpg

Cold bond metal to metal.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Ok so after thought and review I ended up taking my car down to US Car Tool in Graham NC. I tell you what, I am very impressed. The crew there got inner fender supports, all four torque boxes, the radiator core support, fixed and welded in my bolt in frame connectors, and added in another brace from the frame rail to the connection point to the firewall all in two and a half days. Professionals to say the least. John has a wonderful place and is eager to chat shop with you. I had a great time. The drive down from Ohio was long but so worth it.

Back