• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

converting 1974 cuda into a 1970 hemi clone

chrisstcroix1974

Reaction score
i have a 1974 cuda with a 426 hemi and full hemi drive train, im repainting the car and i want to change it to a 1970 hemicuda clone, i know all the details about changing the tail panel, side markers, grille etc. but i have schumacher engine mounts and i want to install a shaker hood, has anyone installed a shaker with these mounts and a mopar performance 426 hemi crate engine? what are the issues i may run into if any? any help would be appreciated. thanks:icon_bounce:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Please type instead of texting. It is easier for us to understand. The Schumacher mounts sit higher. You will have to modify the shaker base plate to make things work. It is not a major deal. Post some pics of your project.

chrisstcroix1974

Reaction score
the guy from shaker hoods told me it will not work and id have to use his K member and motor mounts. seemed like a bit extreme

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If you are talking about Ben Snobar, from what I know, he does, and works with correct restorations. Using his mounts and K-frame would look factory stock. I am sure it would work well. Contact Shumacher and ask how much taller their mounts are. I honestly don't remember what had to be done when I did a hemi shaker car with the mounts. When you work on 20 muscle cars a week of all makes, it gets hard to remember things.

Last edited:
Back