• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cowl to hood rubber seal

michael

Reaction score
What's the best adhesive to use to attach the seal to the cowl...whatever I used last never really worked right and any tips for installation?

michael

Reaction score
The kit I got had these clip thingamajigs with two little sharp pointed spikes that do a poor to nothing job if attaching the rubber..do you press the rubber over the spikes then bend them over or what?

quapman

Reaction score
Basically, yes. I've never seen the kit, but originals were just as you describe. Sounds like you'll have to put the clips in the slots, press the rubber onto them, then fold over the tabs. Ack.

Is the rubber curved at the ends like original? The repops I've seen were not and buckled up when you install them.

moparlee

Reaction score
Basically, yes. I've never seen the kit, but originals were just as you describe. Sounds like you'll have to put the clips in the slots, press the rubber onto them, then fold over the tabs. Ack.

Is the rubber curved at the ends like original? The repops I've seen were not and buckled up when you install them.

Yep, that is exactly what I had to do on mine. I was able to re-use my old seal and just bought the new clips.

michael

Reaction score
Got home early from work and pressed the rubber over the spikes and the rubber seems to stay in place without bending the spikes over. I will try to bend them over with a small hammer, they seem to be too short and stiff to bend over. Maybe find some good quality two sided tape and inconspiciousy put it between rubber and cowl in a few areas.

Cratos

Reaction score
what direction is the open end (v) part suppose to face hood or Windshield?

Back